Monday, October 02, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen Presenting...............

Here are some more of my finished objects:

I knit these baby mittens for my cute little Su-boy. I used a pattern from a very old book I found at the library.I don't remember the name of the book - Knitting for the Family by Carolyn Carr
Yarn: Lion Brand Microspun in Lily White - 1 skein
Needles: Dont remember! Probably size 6 or 7


While hunting for yarn, I came across this pattern on the yarn label and I fell in love with it. Ok maybe I fell in love with the cute little baby wearing it. Come on who doesn't succumb to temptations that come in small bundles?
Pattern: Softee Baby Jacket. You can find it at Bernat.com but you have to register.
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby in Prettiest Pink - 1 skein
Needles: U.S. #6



All the above hats are made using the same pattern - Gusto 10 Rolled Brim Hat. I have made several more using the same pattern because its a 2 hour quick and easy pattern!
Pattern: Gusto 10 Rolled Brim Hat
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick in Navy, Charcoal . Jiffy Thick & Quick in Ozarks.
Needles: U.S. #15, 16 inch circular.



Right now I am not in a position to talk about these blankets. I am traumatized by simplicity, boredom and hours and hours of garter. I hereby declare that I will NOT EVER reproduce this pattern. I have already done it too many times to mention. I made them for some very lovely moms-to-be.

Pattern: Easy Baby Blanket. I am sure this is a free pattern floating around somewhere, because it was a word of mouth pattern given to me, so I am going to give it to you anyway.

Cast on 5 sts.
Row1: K5
Row2: K 3, YO, knit to end.
Repeat Row2 till you get 144 sts or however many you want.
Just a hint to determine what size you want, at 144 sts you have completed half of your blanket.

K2, K2TOG, YO, K2TOG, Knit to end.

Repeat above row till you get to 7 sts.

K2, K2TOG, K2TOG, knit to end.

Bind off and gift to a tired yet grateful mom.

A similar one is available at the Lionbrand site. Its called Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket.
Yarn: Mainstays Crafts in Pale Blue and Baby Mint 10-12 oz., Red Heart Giant Multicolor in Girly Print - 1 skein
Needles: U.S. #11 circular


This was meant to be a new born hat. But the little one was too little for it at that time. He did wear it later on though.
Pattern: Who cares!!
Yarn: TLC Amore in Sand & Fantasy Yarns Cashmere Luxury Chunky 3/4 skein
Needles: No idea probably US 8 (I was trying to knit tight to get the gauge I wanted)

No comments: