Thursday, March 29, 2007

Planet Earth

Tomorrow on Oprah, she is going to be discussing her new obsession. I think I know what it is. I am pretty sure that she is going to be talking about the BBC show Planet Earth. This show, is THE BEST nature show EVER!! Seriously, it has amazing visuals (check out some pictures and a 14-minute video on Amazon) and you learn quite a lot about the ecology and especially about the animals. This show just recently premiered here in the U.S. on Discovery channel.

Even if you are not a nature enthusiast, and don't like documentaries, even if you have resolved to watch only one documentary in your entire life, this should be the one. It will not feel like a documentary, but in each frame, you will learn something new about the world we live in. I have to thank Mr. PT for introducing me to this show. He is always trying to entertain me with great stuff.

Just a word of caution, even though I am a grown woman, I felt a little uneasy watching the hunting scenes. They film the predatory animals hunting their prey in the natural habitat. Since the people are just observers, they will not stop to help any animal, because that will eventually harm the ecosystem. I hated those scenes, simply because I wanted and willed every helpless, hunted animal to escape the clutches of its enemy! So those of you who have kids, might want to direct their attention away from the screen at such times.

But all said and done, this show is the ultimate, there are no words to describe it. Watch it and you will know!

No comments: