Sunday, May 06, 2007

Pooh the Winn(i)er!

Well, lets start at the very beginning. When Su-Boy was due for his grand entry into this world, I sat and thought and calculated and swatched and knit up a hat. The hat looked great but li'l Su had a normal newborn head that was too small for my abnormally large hat. So I purposed in my heart to knit his next hat just the perfect size. I studied and scoured numerous books and researched as much as a person who gets easily distracted, can actually research. So after 4 months of deliberation - just in the kni(ck)t of time for the first major snow before the impending end of winter, I was able to deliver this hat. But once again it was a little loose for his head, but hey there is always next winter!!!

Pattern: Earflap Variation hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Euroyarns Peru DK Luxury(70% Merino/20% Alpaca/10% Silk124 yds/50gm) 1 skein each in Black and Offwhite. I doubled the 2 colors together to get the gauge.
Needles: US #8, 16 inch circular and US #8 DPNs

I liked this pattern a lot, especially the I-cord tie and the yarn is oh-so-soft!

2 comments:

VR said...

Hi there. Just wanted to tell you I LOVE the cakes you make. They're beautiful! And tasty I'm sure :)

Pani Thuly said...

Thanks you so much