Thursday, May 22, 2008

Take That

The weather was fantastic today! I mean it was beautiful. There's this tree outside my house, its really tall and majestic. It looked so great today as it swayed and held its own against the wind. I love trees. I actually talk to the ones I love. I tell them how strong and patient and great they are. God is one creative person ha? Tomorrow we shall have a picture of that tree in the backdrop of blue skies dotted with cotton clouds.
For now here are two more of my Christmas gifts from last year.

Pattern: Ballband Dishcloth from Mason Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Lily's Sugar 'n Cream in Warm Brown and Robin's Egg Blue - 1 skein each
Needle: US #7
This washcloth is the soulmate for one I knit in June last year. I was never a person who liked brown, but of late I had been leaning heavily towards the blue-brown combination in choices of clothes and yarn. I finally figured out why, when I knit this washcloth. Clearly, the body butter that I had been using for several months had silently yet strongly influenced me. So it was only right, to take a picture of the washcloth with the jar of cream that inspired it.

Pattern: Headband from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Opinionated Knitter
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in Palais and Natural Mix
Needle: US #8 16"circulars
I cast on 80 sts, turns out that this is too big even for a fully grown man. So I knit up a second one with 60 sts for a teenager, I was concerned that he might complain of lack of blood circulation in his head but he said it was fine and I shall choose to believe him.

No comments: