Thursday, October 05, 2006

Of happy layers

This is the trellis scarf made out of lion brand trellis yarn. I have made several of these scarves for young girls and for the young at heart!!
Pattern: Cast on 14 sts or however many you want. Its usually on the back of yarn label.
Yarn: Lion Brand Trellis in Stained Glass (my fav) . I have also used Night Life. - 1 skein
Needles: US 17












I made this scarf for dear L-friend to match with the hat I made for her.
Pattern: Cast on 10 sts and work in garter stitch
Yarn: Lion Brand Jiffy Thick & Quick in Green Mountains- 1.5 skeins
Needles: US #17













My mom wanted a hat with ear flaps to protect her ears against the wind and the wind chill. So I used a pattern from the Knitting Year-Round book, but just with monochrome color. My mom felt warm and her ears felt much better this winter.
Pattern: Peruvian Cap from Knitting Year-Round by Better Homes and Gardens
Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver in Soft Navy.
Needles: US #7






I made these socks, my first, quite some time back. I wasn't very confident that I could do it but I was pretty amazed that with a little bit of reading and rereading the instructions and with valuable help from my Experienced Knitter Friend (EKF). I knit one sock and it languished for a few months without its mate. But I finally did get around to arranging the meeting for these two lovers. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the happy couple together before I sent it off to a great relative.
Pattern: On the back label of Magic Stripes yarn
Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Purple Pattern
Needles: US #4 DPNs

No comments: