Saturday, October 21, 2006

Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf




I wanted to knit something using Noro Kureyon. I just love the colorways of that yarn. It is so beautiful. Having a weakness for anything with a shade of blue in it, I got 3 skeins of Noro in color 52 several months ago, on a day trip. I remember fishing out the yarn every now and then just to look at it and think of a good project for it.
I initially had this bag by Amimono in mind when I bought the yarn. Or I could have always made a Booga bag. But Mr. Pani Thuly lovingly reminded me that I already had 2 felted bags+ a felted UFO that I haven't yet told you about and hinted to me that may be, just maybe, I was getting crazily obsessed with felting.
Then one of my very dear friends was moving away and I figured it was a good excuse to make a bag, NOT FOR ME, but for my dear dear friend. I even started Amimono's bag but unfortunately my friend needed help with moving, more than a knitted gift. So I sadly put down the bag and went out and got her something cute and ready made :( .
I didn't have the heart to frog the bag, I determined that when I did find some good pattern, it will lessen my misery. So one day, I was minding my own business surfing the net and reading other people's blogs, when I came across the multidirectional diagonal scarf. I was hooked, or rather should I say needled.
This pattern is perfect for self striping yarn. It uses short rows so it takes awhile but there is no joining of pieces or anything, and the torture that it could add to finishing (if you know what I mean). I have received several compliments for this scarf. Thanks Karen for the lovely pattern.
So there you have it - my very own multi. scarf. Actually its Mr. PT's, but hey there IS such a rule that if the gifter and the giftee live under the same roof, the object of desire can be amicably shared. Isn't that the 'well-meaning' motive behind knitting something for your better half??
Pattern: Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer
Yarn: Noro Kureyon in color #52 - 3 skeins
Needles: US #8

On another note, you should try Amimono's bag its cute and simple.

1 comment:

Rajeswari P said...

I love Noro and therefore my booga!
The scarf looks awesome, the colors so vibrant! Lucky Mr.PT getting to show off such fancy wear! ;)