Thursday, May 24, 2007

Como estas?

Hello there, I hope everyone is doing great. It's hot out there today so slap on the sunscreen and enjoy the sunshine.
Here's a scarf I knit for a friend of mine. I used the daisy stitch pattern, which is pretty easy. I was hoping that the Patons yarn would form its own color pattern as I knit. Initially I was disappointed for it did not form any color pattern that made sense. But then my skein came out of its amnesia and gave me something similar to the double helix DNA pattern that the Patons yarn formed when I knit the scrunchable scarf. I was happy while it lasted and finished the scarf off before it started having irreparable memory loss!

Pattern:
Garland of daisies

Cast on 29 stitches
Row 1 & 3 (RS) Knit

Row 2 K1, * [P3tog, without dropping the stitches off the left needle, YO, P3tog again(purl the same 3 stitches together) , now drop them off the left needle] = daisy stitch, K1 , repeat from * to end.

Row 4 K1, P1, K1, * work daisy stitch, K1, rep from * , end P1, K1

Repeat rows 1-4 for length desired.

Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in Rosewood - 1.25 skeins
Needle: US #8

Try to knit as loosely as your sanity will permit. Do not be afraid of the stitch pattern. You will be working on it on the wrong side but it will 'bloom' very beautifully on the right side. Enjoy!
Have a great weekend everybody!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi...
i neither knit nor bake cakes,
but i luv ur blog. it keeps me goin thx....and keep up the gud work.

Pani Thuly said...

Hi,
Thank you so much for your encouragement! I appreciate it and you should try it too. I highly recommend both:)