Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Consider This...


The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth


For the past several weeks I've been thinking of something wise my Biology teacher, used to say all the time. Whenever the class got out of control this wonderful woman of God would give her one and only warning "Just because I'm meek don't take me to be weak."
This world views meekness negatively. But Jesus says, "The meek shall inherit the earth." The most positive meaning given by the Webster is 'enduring injury with patience and without resentment' and the most negative one is 'deficient in spirit and courage', but God sees meekness as a virtue.
Jesus was meek, He endured insults and pain with patience, without resentment and carried my sins on the cross. Jesus was full of the Spirit of the Living God, strong and full of courage to complete what He was called to do.

Biblical meekness can never be weakness, it shows the strength of your character. Another virtue to impart to my child!

No comments: